cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Improved software

I had no more daily crashes with any app, and the autofocus seems to be better however I have an issue, there is a blinking pixel in the top of the screen near the camera that appears not constantly but sometimes, we specially when I'm using WhatsApp and I had it to with my last phone the S10

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Improved software

Hello!

I hope you are having a great day. It sounds like you are describing the proximity sensor on the device. This is a normal feature that the phone comes with, the Galaxy s10 devices also had this light to indicate the proximity sensor is active. 

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello Sanomar,

Hope you're doing great. There's nothing to worry about the blinking pixel that appears next to the camera. It's the in-built proximity sensor that wakes up when you're on a call and you won't be able find or see it any other time. This in-built P.S has been included from the S10 devices. Give it a try while on the call and confirm the same which would help others aswell.

Have a great time!!! 😊😊

Thank you!

Highlighted
Astronaut

8 Ways to Improve Software

lot of research has been done to identify the root causes of software startups failures. One of the main reasons for such failures turned out to be poor quality assurance during the software development process. The chief purpose of executing stringent quality assurance test on software is to prevent the release of poor quality products to the end customers. Small mistakes that slip through may lead to large financial losses.

A good example of QA’s importance is Flud, a social news reader application for iPad, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone. Flud was known as the “first true social news reader.” But the startup failed because of poor QA services. The main priority of the Flud team was the development process and its focus was on code creation almost to the exclusion of all else. When the product was finally released, it was bug-infested and load with mismatches. No matter that everything was fixed, the bad reputation and awful user experience prevented its success. And, Flud was discontinued.

The way to provide high-quality software is to implement effective QA management that provides tools and methodologies for building bug-free products. Software quality management is an umbrella term covering three core aspects: quality assurance, quality control, and testing.

Software quality assurance (SQA) is the part of quality management that includes a planned set of organizational actions. The purpose of these actions is to improve the software development process, introducing standards of quality for preventing errors and bugs in the product.

Software quality control (SQC) is the part of quality management that includes a set of activities focused on fulfilling quality requirements. QC is about product-oriented activities that certify software products for their quality before release. The process of software quality control is governed by software quality assurance.

Testing is the basic activity aimed at detecting and solving technical issues in the software source code and assessing the overall product usability, performance, security, and compatibility. It isn’t only the main part of quality assurance; it is also an integral part of the software development process.

Agile Development Cycle

Agile software development cycle

This article will discuss the best practices of how to improve software testing process and for increasing the quality of your software products.