Original topic:

Inconsistent Versions & Updates

(Topic created: 09-07-2021 12:05 AM)
Zanthala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So I wish to explain that the "Game Launcher" is very inconsistent with not just their updates but their versions. The following two screenshots represent as such from my Samsung Galaxy S20.

Version installed on my device from Galaxy store on 9/5:

The version that's showing within the actual Galaxy Store:

5 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
My galaxy store is showing the latest version. Maybe try clearing the cache of the galaxy store.20210907_002202_63226.jpg
Zanthala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I've done this three times and even in debug mode like suggested in the error report recommendations response. I have the new version, just the store is showing the previous version as installed is the issue.
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
If clearing the cache didn't work you could try clearing the data of the app. Or you could use the 3 dots on the apps settings page to uninstall updates for the galaxy store and then when you open the app it will update again, that's as close to a fresh install of the galaxy store that you can get without doing a factory reset.
0 Likes
Zanthala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks I'm following suggestions from the Samsung error reporting team and what you just said was suggested. I'll see if it does anything.
Zanthala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So just to give an update: I've done everything posted by commenters here and what the Samsung Error Report Team suggested and the issue still persists. I've done the debug and all and no change so I'm just going to ignore it for now. I have the 6.0 version installed just that's not the version # shown within the Galaxy Store.
0 Likes