JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to lock the ringer volume?

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 11:05 AM)
SMRVTFL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Is it possible to lock the ringer volume?     

My ringer seems to decrease in volume without my doing anything purposefully to lower the call volume.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

There are several causes of why the volume goes down by itself on Android devices. In most cases, it's because of a stuck or malfunctioning volume button. And sometimes, it could result from software glitches, problematic apps, or user-defined settings.

Before we dive into the working solutions for the volume lowering problem on your Android phone, kindly note this: While playing music, it’s normal for your phone volume to reduce when you receive a notification. 

Maybe it's a temporary system glitch. If your phone volume insists on decreasing itself after removing its cover and other attachments, we recommend you reboot your phone. Doing so will refresh the system, close all running processes and fix temporary system glitches.

If your phone volume misbehaves just recently or after installing an app, then you might want to check if an app caused the entire issue. For this, I recommend placing the device in Safe Mode. Safe mode lets your boot your Android phone in a clean and safe state, loading no third-party app.

Similar to removing problematic apps, ensure your phone is running the latest software. Sometimes, the bugs in your current OS version can pose many issues – just like the one you're experiencing now. However, updating your phone software can help regulate the issue.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and the IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

There are several causes of why the volume goes down by itself on Android devices. In most cases, it's because of a stuck or malfunctioning volume button. And sometimes, it could result from software glitches, problematic apps, or user-defined settings.

Before we dive into the working solutions for the volume lowering problem on your Android phone, kindly note this: While playing music, it’s normal for your phone volume to reduce when you receive a notification. 

Maybe it's a temporary system glitch. If your phone volume insists on decreasing itself after removing its cover and other attachments, we recommend you reboot your phone. Doing so will refresh the system, close all running processes and fix temporary system glitches.

If your phone volume misbehaves just recently or after installing an app, then you might want to check if an app caused the entire issue. For this, I recommend placing the device in Safe Mode. Safe mode lets your boot your Android phone in a clean and safe state, loading no third-party app.

Similar to removing problematic apps, ensure your phone is running the latest software. Sometimes, the bugs in your current OS version can pose many issues – just like the one you're experiencing now. However, updating your phone software can help regulate the issue.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and the IMEI number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location