Original topic:

Is the app permission monitor gone for good?

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 04:10 PM)
user5gpRiH572a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I somehow remember this used to be available on my S8 or S9 however I cannot find it on S20 with Android 11 anymore.
0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@user5gpRiH572a Take a look at settings -> Privacy -> Permission manager. Is that what you were looking for?

0 Likes
user5gpRiH572a
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
No permission manager only allow me grant/deny permission to certain app, I would like to see permission usage by each apps after the permission is granted.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@user5gpRiH572a Well, the good news is that Android 12 has permission usage at the top of Settings -> Privacy. I see it on my Z Fold 3 running Android 12. I don't see it on my Note 20 Ultra running Android 11. 

0 Likes
userQDe0tahIfx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like to stop the app permission manager from blocking permissions for accounts I haven't used for a few months. It was apparently possible with the app permission monitor to turn off the monitoring function but that doesn't appear to be possible with the app permission manager. I don't want to have to go through a restore permissions every few months. Any ideas on how to stop the app from turning off permissions?

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there, so it looks like with the release of Android 11 Google decided to add the feature of the device revoking permissions automatically from apps that went unused for a certain amount of time, this change was made to help improve the security of Android devices. I did some digging and unfortunately, it doesn't look like there isn't a master switch to turn off the auto revoke but it does look like you can do it for a lot of apps individually. To do this you'll need to go to the specific app's permission from the settings menu and scroll down to the bottom of the page, the toggle for auto revoke should be at the very end of your permissions list.

So your path would look something like Settings> Apps> Contacts> Permissions

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes