Original topic:

Is there a way to remove the .COM button on the Samsung keyboard?

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 01:05 AM)
Varzi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Guys it's there a way to remove the .com button on the samsung keyboard. See when typing in a url bar  the .com button shows up and in combination with the period button the space bar becomes super tiny and I end up hitting the period button.

I.basicially.end.up.typing.like.this

Common on samsung. Can't the dev team just make the period button transform into the .com button when typing like literally every other keyboards 
7 Replies
Bloodthrone
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
If there is I haven't found one.
Varzi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yeah sadly there isn't . I hope a Dev picks this up though because the Samsung keyboard is very polished other than that
usereAmdYvDGXp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

IMG-20210328-WA0000.jpg

 hi there. Can anyone help me to find this settings? I just bought a new s20 and need on my phone to get a like this "timer keyvoard" thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
well the keyboard has a few layspecfic to whatever typing selection your in that's designed so you don't have to enter commonly used things like the web address url line, doesn't revert to that board in a search engine selection, is made to be used without having to press any keys with a character on it at all except that one button which once you first start the url is www. and changes to .com after typing has begun. try that, open to a url, tap that button, type your address then exit the typing area through that Sam button press where you will be primed to either select go to go there, your navigation arrow or gesture location for minimizing the key board to view history suggested or previously visited sites incase you mistyped, and a complete back out with no input selection so there's no saved searched. however I have to things for you to do that should help with the fat finger mishaps like I have. 1 is to turn on the key board tool bar and select the size and transparency menu, then stretch it as high as it allows using one of the boarders at the top of the highlighted area and not the provided direction arrow button. the stretch seems to help a little with speading out those three btm keys a simdge.. 2, go to mode type in the key board settings and see if you have split keyboard in landscape view and select that, turn on your portrait orientation lock, maker sure you have selected to turn on rotate button on navigation bar, then when in a url, rotate to landscape, using the button and you can use they wider style for better accuracy. note... once in the url before touching anything, you should see http:// for you to press, then a www. or a www. address suggestioned based on previously common pages and if you type a letter will change, you could find it never using the board. for the typ.like.yhis.issue. you mentioned which ever way you have your Auto Capitalization, Auto space selected language, and double tap bar to auto ad a period, switch around so causing multiple key presses at one time will either result in unwanted actions for easier fixes or help limit the presses of the . and space key from doing the . . . thing it likes to do with me.
0 Likes
Varzi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
it's not even that I have have think fingers, they're in fact kinda bony. The problem is that the space bar is minimized and put to the left side so where I would commonly press on spacebar, the period button is actually there.
Also I should mention that I came from a ios device so in quite used to that layout
And yes I know the button functionality/meaning you don't need to explain in a entire paragraph
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Hello. If you're open to using Goodlock there's a module called Keys Cafe that allows you to customize the layout of the Samsung keyboard. You can also change the color and effects for the keyboard. Or you could try a third party keyboard. Gboard or Swiftkey are good alternatives.

If this helps, please click √ "Accept as Solution" with the 3 dots next to my comment.- Thank you 😊
jxenvyx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Like Monique stated the keys Cafe let's you customize your keyboard and thats how I got rid of that problem it was such a pet peeve. Bonus points I got to add a paste shortcut which comes in handy along with some pretty cool effects
0 Likes