Original topic:

Is there any way to force 4G+?

(Topic created: 05-31-2021 10:46 AM)
uservvGSWT6ke0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Is there any way to force my S20 Ultra to connect to 4G+ or even 5G? I've got it in my area except the phone will always connect to the regular 4G band which is incredibly slow. I can access 4G+/5G for a few seconds if I put my phone into flight mode and back out but then it'll change itself back to regular 4G. I get about 0.2Mbps down and up on 4G and I get 60-400mbps down and 30 up on 4G+/5G so you can see why I'm trying to connect to it

5 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you spoken to your carrier regarding connectivity issues and coverage?

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Where I am 4G is faster than 5G.

Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Network Mode will show all of your phones connection options. Although it's probably already set to the fastest one.
uservvGSWT6ke0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yeah I've got all the settings right. I think it's just the phone connecting to inferior masts. I've contacted three and they said the network is running fine. The 5G signal is patchy anyways so I'm not too fussed about that . It's just obviously my phone is automatically switching to the 4G network which is unbelievably slow from the strong and fast 4G+ network in the area. If I could somehow force the phone to stick to the 4G+ network it would be fine

0 Likes
Georgia2004
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Myself is with Verizon I got an updated chip from them, my device show 4G but the minute I am in another area of town, where the tower has been updated I see 5G on my device 😀so see if your carrier has a 5G chip for your device
0 Likes
landonloco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
4G+ is just carrier aggregation between multiple lte bands it would only pop up if you are on an active data session and if your carrier has enabled carrier aggregation on your area. On Samsung there is the band selection secret menu that pops up typing *#2263# there you can choose your LTE or NR(5G) bands of your liking if this menu doesn't pop up then your carrier firmware might have had disable it you would have to download Samsung band selection app on the play store.
0 Likes