Original topic:

Isn't there anything easy about this phone???

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 11:52 AM)
user9EkXMPPhjT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am a new user with NO tech experience, switching from an iphone, AND a senior citizen.  I am having trouble doing almost EVERYTHING on this phone and find myself in tears every day.  To make matters worse, my husband just went to a Moto G from an iphone and I am trying to teach him how to do things too.  

I would be happy IF:

a) I could download some pictures from my PC as my iphone transfer did not work for photos

b) set up some email file folders to help organize (i can't find the create folder)

c) figure out what email fits what profile (I have 5 addresses)

d) see if there is a better email app instead of gmail - I downloaded Outlook but it is all screwy too.

e) if there was an easy way to get answers clarified.  I ask the assistant and she tells me to "go to FILES" but I can't find the first step.

f) be able to use this phone without having to ask a question about what should be a simple procedure.

Any other seniors out there feeling as frustrated as me?

El Stupido

6 Replies
LucidDreams9731
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
There is a reason this phone is marketed towards tech savvy people. But there is a easy mode you can enable depend on your phone model
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
yes I highly recommend enabling easy mode it's far more helpful interface wise
0 Likes
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
a) you can definitely transfer files easily on Android! 😃 just connect it to your pc and it should show up in file explorer all you have to do is drag and drop far more easier.

b) try using another email app instead of the default android email app try the email app by Google on the play store or Gmail app which enables you to create folders for organizing certain emails! 😃

c) well in Gmail you can have multiple emails! I have my yahoo email and Google email and Microsoft email all in one app! 😃 Gmail allows multiple email accounts.

d) although I highly recommend Gmail due to its simple use another app if your not comfortable with this one would be Samsung email which works similarly with a few ui differences.

e) search the app called files on your phone depending on your ui and firmware it should be in your app drawer.

f) it will take some getting used to.. just like everything else that is learned, you have to ask at first then implement the learned material. but with phones it's much more simple you will get the hang of it soon :).

if you have anymore questions let me know! thank you!!
Steve_Shoppe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes go to settings, type easy mode, turn on.

You can email yourself pictures from your PC, that's the easiest way. Setting up Google drive would another way or Amazon photos.

You can try email app or Samsung email app in Google play store.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm 60, but pretty tech-savvy. I would suggest contacting your local library and/or senior center to see if they offer tech classes. You can usually get some hands-on instruction during these courses.

Also, you can find some great videos on YouTube that will show you most anything you may need to know.
user9EkXMPPhjT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your help.  I am still stumped.  I now got a message on my old iphone that did not come through on the new phone and a message from hubby that didn't come through on either.  I am able to connect to the internet on the iphone as well even though I was supposedly deactivated.  Does any of that make sense?

No pics were in my "photos" on my pc but in another folder "pictures".  I tried loading all pictures from my iphone to the pc but to no avail.  So, I figured my pictures must be in Icloud as there weren't any since 2019 anywhere but couldn't get to iCloud because I didn't remember my password.  I haven't tried the easy mode yet - I was sure I could conquer this but guess not.

I am not opposed to trying Samsung mail - but I wonder if that would screw up the phone more since I already have gmail and outlook working (just not to my liking).  I may try that too once my confidence level increases.

Do not know how to send a DM - it took me 20 minutes just to find this post again.

El Stupido again

0 Likes