JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issue with Duplicate words and phrases using voice to text

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 01:08 PM)
sepuzzle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Activated this phone 2 days ago, and voice to text gives me duplicate words and phrases ALL the time.  I have switched from Samsung voice to text to Google Voice to text, and that made no difference. I have turned off predictive text, and that made no difference. I am seeing that a lot of people have this issue.  Is there a solution,  or should I be returning this mess?  HELP!!
12 Replies
EricJRW
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

This seems to have just started on my S20FE5G too. Very interested in seeing any possible ways to stop this. 

Solution
userfSETEFOkWB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Just found this solution posted on another thread. So far it seems to be working for me!!

Galaxy S20

After hours of messing around, I solved the problem for mine. In phone settings, Under General management> Keyboard list and default, both Google Voice typing and Samsung voice input were both turned on. I turned off Samsung. Then under General management> text-to-speech, I changed the preferred engine to Google, and that fixed it. Setting both to Samsung did not work.
FlaHeat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm researching same issue. Very frustrating
0 Likes
userfSETEFOkWB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Just found this solution posted on another thread. So far it seems to be working for me!!  (copied and pasted)

Galaxy S20

After hours of messing around, I solved the problem for mine. In phone settings, Under General management> Keyboard list and default, both Google Voice typing and Samsung voice input were both turned on. I turned off Samsung. Then under General management> text-to-speech, I changed the preferred engine to Google, and that fixed it. Setting both to Samsung did not work.
sepuzzle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
After much digging around,  I solved it for me.  Under phone settings>General management>Keyboard list and default, I found both Google and Samsung were "on." Turned off Samsung.  Also under phone settings>General management>Text to speech,  I changed preferred engine to Google.  Problem solved.  Note: setting both to Samsung did NOT work.
Camstuf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This works for me Galaxy S10+

Thanks!

mominutah
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Worked on my Samsung too. Thanks!!
userL4YtWtsCC1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Did not work for me after about 4 more voice to text.
0 Likes
usersZDU2727oC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you!  It worked for me as well.