Original topic:

Issues after phone update

(Topic created: 10-17-2021 08:59 AM)
user2rcCA8Upvf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Samsung Galaxy s20 FE.

First issue which started before the phone update is that I purchased a unlocked (renewed) phone through Amazon but it had Verizon upon loading it. I use Pure Talk USA through AT&T. So the SIM card says that it's not from Verizon. I have been able to make calls and such so not sure this is a problem but I can't get my wifi calling to go on or get visual voice-mail to work. I sent the seller a message, waiting for a response.

Now after the update the wifi calling toggle disappeared, and the advanced calling option is not clicking to anything.

My MMS are now asking to be loaded and when I click them they don't do anything.

I would appreciate any help, I haven't used android in a long time so it's very confusing. Thanks!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Mfqueen96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Okay so Verizon uses GSM Network and at&t and TMobile uses CDMA. That might be one of the causes
user2rcCA8Upvf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Oh great, so I'll probably have to return the phone and have them send an actually unlocked phone

Mfqueen96
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I know a lot about unlocked phones LOL but if you order another one that is gsm for your phone then it should work. If not then it's the update but I highly doubt that
0 Likes
user2rcCA8Upvf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

The company said its a Verizon branded phone that's unlocked? I use at&t through Pure Talk USA. Do you happen to know if that would be causing the problems I'm having?

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. I recommend that you try resetting your network settings. I recommend that you swap your sim card. I recommend trying your phone in safe mode? Here are the steps. 

Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Bixby / Power and Volume down key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
0 Likes
LaurenMB88
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Talk to your network provider first. Because I have safelink/trackfone service but they have crappy cellphones. So I bought off of decluttr (the best site and cheapest way to get fully unlocked phones in amazing condition with a free warranty for a y3ar!) I got a samsung galaxy s10e for 130$!!! They have all diff phones n other things it took me long to find them cheaper and guaranteed it looks and acts like brand new. Never buy off of Amazon. Have you read the reviews omg. Plus Ebay or any other site like that. Save money n try out 3other sites 2with guarantees plus u can send it back If it doesn't work as promised. Back market is similar but a bit higher in price still cheaper than r3forbishd from 2Walmart. N both sides have a year free warranty. I'm glad I didn't rush my purchase and took time searching. Byt my network had to send me a special sim card as my phone 2as a GSM at&t unlocked cell phon4. They still n33d to send a matching compqtabl3 sim. Because ther3s unlocked network and then fully unlocked factory unlocked.... regurel3ss. Your phone has b33n 2working 2with all features talk text data with the sim you have... n a lot of ppl including myself have began having th3 same issue so dont go buy a new phone. Until u troubleshoot and try all options talking 5o ur network should be last before seeing it they have way to send you a diff type of compatible sim. I'm not sure but make sure you are not toughing cash a2qt on w new phon4 2h3n it may be the settings the update or even new f3achu34w 2with Bixby routine and clearing all app cashes esp phone and wifi calling appe system apps u have to un hide them so u can access them as now I'm unable to toggle on n off via the settings menu itw been missing after I had 2 diff updates 11.1.21. Good luck!
0 Likes
dinkydrew
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My banking app, TouchBanking, stopped working after the update. I have Samsung Galaxy A11. I have notified my banking institution. They are working with Samsung to correct.
0 Likes