cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Issues with Mobile Hotspot

Hello,

I just within the last few days switched from my Galasy S8 to the Galaxy s20 Plus, and I am having some connectivity issues when using my mobile hotspot

The story is, I live in the middle of nowhere, so my only internet access comes though my cellular signal. That being so, I have to connect my laptop to the mobile hotspot on my phone in order to access the internet on it. With my galaxy s8, this was not a problem. However, for the last few days that I have been using the Galaxy S20 plus, every time I used the hotspot on this new phone, periodically, even though my wifi connection to the phone is strong and un-interuped, my internet access on the computer will cut out, anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 minutes at a time. What makes this even more strange is that during this time, I still have internet access on the phone itself (I am also using the same sim card as before, so its not an issue with my service provider that I am aware of).

Given this phone is so new, I understand there may be some glitches. I couldn't find any others who had a similar problem, and it's getting to be a bit of an issue now that my university has switched to online learning for the remainder of the semester. Its annoying to be in the middle of a lecture and have my connection drop for no reason. Does anyone know a possible fix?

Thanks! Let me know if I can clarify anything.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Issues with Mobile Hotspot

Hello!

I can understand wanting to use your hotspot and connect your devices to it. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance on this as Mobile Hotspot is a carrier feature.