cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Lag when pulling down the notification bar / quick settings panel

Hi,

Does anyone experience ocasional lags and stuttering when pulling down the quick settings panel? Sometimes it happens on notification bar, but is much more frequent on quick settings panel. It's very random, even if the overall system is working smooth.

I have a S20+ (Exynos) and this problem happens frequently, for months. I was expecting that OneUI 2.5 could fix it, but I'm still facing this issue even after the update. Not a big deal, but it's very annoying.

I've found a few users with the same problem, but couldn't find a solution so far.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Lag when pulling down the notification bar / quick settings panel

If there is lag, simply unlock developer options and then your animation scales to .5 or take them off completely.
assuming you are clueless to how to do any of this here are the steps:

unlock developer options:
-open settings
-go to 'about phone'
-go to 'software information'
-click on 'build number' repeadetly until you get a message that says "you are now a developer"

next step:
-go to settings again
-scroll all the way down to 'developer options'
-scroll down to 'window, transition, and animator scale' these are three different options.
-set them all to .5 or 'off'
DONE!
your phone should feel more snappier now that your animations are reduced or off, which gives it that extra speed feel.
hope this helped!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you, but it's not a proper solution. Yes, I know about developer settings. But what happens is that the entire UI is running smooth, except the quick settings panel, when pulling it down... Probably it's something causing that. I also atried disabling all acessibility settings, but didn't help much.

Highlighted

hmmm, I've experienced lag from my drop-down menu on my previous s10e but it was occasionally. sorry about that.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Probably the same case! It happens occasionally for me too, but it's pretty annoying. Did you manage to solve it?

Highlighted

I didn't put too much attention to it so it really didn't become much of a distraction although I do have to say it might be cause phones age and slow down naturally.