Original topic:

Latest update has killed my Call Recording app.

(Topic created on: 3/28/21 5:47 PM)
userFGt66n74iF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Up until the last samsung Update, I had a program called CUBE ACR. I've used it for a few years on Samsung line of phones, and it's worked absolutely flawlessly. When the latest update hit, it would no longer record any sound, in either direction.  It has also since then, ceased recording entirely, with an error saying it cannot write the file. 

It looks like this is a universal problem on Samsung phones since the last update. There is no replacement from Samsung, that I can find. I don't want to have to void my warranty, and root the phone, to fix a simple problem. 

Is there anything from Samsung as to a solution to this problem? Or is this a permanent new direction for the company? 

I need the phone to record calls for my business, and it's kinda imperative I get some sort of solution soon! 

Whole issue has left me feeling rather betrayed. Been using Samsung since the S3. 

Any help would be nice!
David

0 Likes
3 Replies
Diaboyos
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
Cube ACR still works on my s20 Ultra. Had a much better app in the past before Google decided we didn't need to have call recording apps.
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
It seems like the app developer hasn't updated their app to work with the recent update. You could try to find a third party app that will record while your phone is on speaker

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

0 Likes
userFGt66n74iF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

cube acr doesn’t work and it was the best.

using speakerphone is too much of. a privacy issue.

anyone got ideas? Or should I be thinking a new phone at this point?

0 Likes