Original topic:

Little lost!!

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 08:25 PM)
STARLORD87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Let me start by saying hello to everyone and wish you all well at this point in our reality.  I mostly have questions because for the past 10+ years I have not paid a lot of attention to phones. I was usually working 14+ hours a day ranching so getting informed on the ins and out of my phone was never a priority.  My first question is, does an individual have access and authority to change,add,control, and block the apps in my phone? Password changes, email accessed and locked me out, using my device with ip addresses from the other side of the country.  I didn't even know about "open license " and open network concepts until just recently.  Am I experiencing the new normal or is someone hacking my account? Thanks in advance for any help you bless me with👍
0 Likes
4 Replies
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Since there's not much context im not sure what is happening with your situation. But it's possible for someone to hack you in many ways, and one of the easiest ways is if you have given them your IP and granted remote access. That's just giving them free reign. But again, I can't say for sure due to lack of information
0 Likes
STARLORD87
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
To my knowledge I have not given anyone remote access or my ip address. It started out with my Samsung account email was changed to where I could not sign in and make the proper adjustments in settings. Then my Facebook account and Instagram account were both changed (passwords) and I no longer had access. My email was no good so I couldn't reset my passwords. Finally my information from everywhere in my phone was being extracted constantly. When I called AT&T my calls would mysteriously drop when I mentioned fraud. I live in Mississippi and the ip address at the time was a California address. Georgia ip address showed a few times as well. I was receiving calls that would cause my calls to drop. Bruce Wayne Clark was on caller ID. Looked him up and he died January of 2020. I'm thinking I was hacked but like I said I'm lacking knowledge in this department.
0 Likes
userVEIyueQYZf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

What happened to you is absolutely not the norm and unacceptable! This is breaking into the phone through the network and this is a real crime. But unfortunately, we cannot make a person responsible for his actions because most likely he did it with a VPN and is generally far away from you, and maybe even in another country. Therefore, you need to be aware when you download something on the Internet and answer some e-mails, or even when you choose your mobile phone operator because some cannot secure your phone data. So I advise you to read this article "telecom revenue assurance" that explains how can you secure your phone from fraud via trustonic platform.

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am very sorry to hear about your recent experiences on your device, and can understand how frustrating this situation is. If you’re worried about your phone getting hacked, or if you think it may have been hacked already, there are some steps you can take to keep it safe. For example, you should only download apps using the Galaxy Store or Play Store and you shouldn’t click on malicious links in apps, texts, or emails. You can also keep your phone safe by running anti-malware apps and removing apps that are causing issues. Try this guide here in addition to changing your passwords and eyeing transactions: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes