JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

'Loading error. Access denied!' after Android 11 update

(Topic created: 12-28-2020 11:49 PM)
umgladumnotfamus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Getting 'Loadng error. Access denied!' on the Android\data folder in File Manager Plus app, and in the Mi File Manager and Samsung's own My Files app, the Android\data folder is just plain empty. This folder was the only I path had to retrieve my downloaded podcasts. For example, Android\data\<app folder>\downloads folder. I was last able to access that folder to retrieve my downloads on Dec 16 2020. The latest Android 11 update was this morning Dec 28 2020. Been having this problem since. All my apps continue to work as expected . Any insights would be much appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
on Android 11 those folders now are private and you're not going to have access with any app, only way to access those folders now is via adb on computer

View solution in context

11 Replies
umgladumnotfamus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Just sent an error report to Samsung about this issue. I hope to hear back soon.
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
on Android 11 those folders now are private and you're not going to have access with any app, only way to access those folders now is via adb on computer
umgladumnotfamus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I figured that was the case. There's only one app that I use for podcast downloads, and support for that app insists that the app stores the downloads in the 'dowloads' folder in the root directory, not in the 'android\<app name\data' folder. I've been telling them for a long time that that's not the case and wasn't since day one that I've been using it. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
Wantsmyfeeedom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey would I be able to gain access to the android/data folder, if the device is rooted?

I have lost all access to my downloads that are in there. 

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Edward 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
you would be able to get access, taking that your phone bootloader is not locked and you can root .
0 Likes
Wantsmyfeeedom
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

How can I check the bootloader to see if it is locked?

Thank you.

Edward

0 Likes
spas528
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
has there been any solution to this? this is truly annoying, it's my SD card, I'd like to access MY files.
0 Likes
umgladumnotfamus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
No solution. Samsung says the android 11 update is designed to protect the apps folders from malware and malicious attempts from bad actors\apps elevating permissions or changing files. If you use the app folder specifically for retrieving downloads, you're out of luck. The only option left is to use whatever feature that is available within the app to allow you to listen to music, podcasts, etc.
Bry6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you @spas528. Saved me from the customer support run around.
0 Likes