Original topic:

Locked out of secure folder

(Topic created: 06-14-2021 03:08 PM)
DaniLazette
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I am completely locked out of my secured folder. I do not have the option to reset the password. When the app is launched get asked me for a password that I no longer can remember. I'm not able to bypass this at all and I have important documents that I need to get to. This is extremely frustrating! How do I unlock my security folder when I do not have the option to reset the password? I get a message that indicates if I do not enter the password that all of the restored data will be deleted. This is completely unacceptable since the data will be unrecoverable because I can no longer "recover it from my old device" as suggested on the message. Ridiculous. What are my options here?

4 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
If it's a Google account password there are steps to take. I don't know about Samsung. Google will not open it without a password unless you've put in recovery options like a recovery password or your phone number or phone type being used. I suspect you have a Samsung security folder in wich case I have no clue.
0 Likes
Ajf5197
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately i dont think you have any. I have not figured out how to reset a secure folder password other than a hard phone reset...which of course erases your data. Sorry!!
0 Likes
bpark32
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
If you know your Samsung account password, a hard reset might not be a bad thing. Once reset, you could possibly re-enable the Secure Folder set a new PW, and import your backup... I say all this, assuming you have your folder backing up automatically. IDK for sure, but could be worth a shot.
V3x
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have also come across this problem. It does update automatically but the game information doesn't save so I would have to start over all my games. Unfortunately since I'm a phone gamer, this is completely unacceptable. Being that there are so many ways to securely identify yourself, I find it absolutely unforgiving to make an app that does this. I tried taking a screenshot of it but it only saves it in secure folder. 😕
0 Likes