JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Looks like Screen burn s20 ultra

(Topic created on: 5/13/21 1:26 PM)
userQis3jbKivV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Does anybody else have what looks like screen burn in their S20 Ultra? I got mine the day it released. So, it's what, about a year-ish old... 
I'm not on it that much. Maybe 3 hours of the day. If that. 

And I just now noticed while on a screen that had a very light background, that a keyboard is burned into my screen, as well as the camera icon from the home screen. But no other icons. 

I've looked at this on a plain white screen to make sure it wasn't somehow the video I was watching, and it is all still there. 
Oddly enough, my always on display stuff isn't burned into my screen. But also, my camera screen is... you know, the screen it shows when you're in the camera app ready to take a photo. 
And the chrome internet screen is something I'm also noticing as there.

So, I'm curious if anybody else is experiencing this same thing. Either actual screen burn, or what looks like screen burn but maybe somehow hopefully it isn't??? 

I'm wondering why it would be like this so soon! I didn't think that these screens could experience it so soon. I have my phone in dark mode always. I never use it on full brightness. I do have the blue light filter set to about halfway in the settings. Again, I use my phone on average 3 hrs a day, if that! I use it mostly on YouTube, not texting, but I'm seeing the keyboard. 

Is there anybody else experiencing the same thing? 
Sorry this is so long! I know I ramble. :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try the third party pixel refresh app like Diaboyos suggested, or you can load the phone into safe mode to see if it shows up there. Honestly though, repairs would be the only way to fix it if the pixel refresh apps do not. You can always visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
sawag201992
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah I have it too I think it's a problem with the April update I did a factory reset and I still have it I know exactly what you're talkin about
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Maybe try a pixel refresh app?
I_bro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I actually haven't noticed this or any sort of burns whatsoever on mine. I guess it must have been a product defect.

justicegaladima
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

You can try the third party pixel refresh app like Diaboyos suggested, or you can load the phone into safe mode to see if it shows up there. Honestly though, repairs would be the only way to fix it if the pixel refresh apps do not. You can always visit your local uBreakiFix for walk-in repair options: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

userISdEOkpeyO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

hello. I wanted to replace the screen valls. My screen produced different pigments and the char was burned. What should I do? 

0 Likes