JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Loss of Secure folder following update

(Topic created: 12-15-2020 01:20 AM)
usertgpDRxB2Hb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have just done the update on S20 and I have lost all the files from my secure folder. Also if I try to move anything to the secure folder it says not enough memory?

A lot of these items cannot be recovered and are not stored anywhere else. I have never had this issue before following an update, please help me!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you checked your storage in the setting?

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
Solution
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you checked your storage in the setting?

0 Likes
usertgpDRxB2Hb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Cant find a setting for this... However, I pulld the memory card and hey presto everything has returned. 🙂

0 Likes
Xrstoy1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

@usertgpDRxB2Hb wrote:

I have just done the update on S20 and I have lost all the files from my secure folder. Also if I try to move anything to the secure folder it says not enough memory?

A lot of these items cannot be recovered and are not stored anywhere else. I have never had this issue before following an update, please help me!

I'd  do a factory reset and if you backed up your secure folder on the Samsung cloaud just restore it.

0 Likes
usertgpDRxB2Hb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No Back up....

0 Likes
user8TCXBkp2HD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same thing has happened to mine and although I know I should have backed it up I didn't. But in over 6 years of having a smasung phone I've never had an update delete stuff. Is there anyway to retrieve it and why does it say not enough memory when trying to move folders when there's more than enough? 

0 Likes
usertgpDRxB2Hb
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

OK... I have got all my stuff back!! I took the memory card out of my phone, rebooted the phone and left it for a while... everything came back. Then switched phone off and put memory card back in and hey presto everything works fine... it appears it is a storage setting, but I have looked and looked and cant find it anywhere....

Also, Following this I added My Secire Folder to my backup!! Now safe and sound.

I hope this helps

user8TCXBkp2HD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you that worked a treat. l also tried to back only problem I have now is it keeps failing saying there is lost data but I can see it all. 

0 Likes
userV0E1OTy2KZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

same happened to me, on a note 10.. some apps inside secure folder suddenly started displaying an error like 'not enough space' or 'can't find storage'.. everything inside Gallery dissapeared. 

Removing the sd-card then rebooting didn't work. Any advice is welcomed!!

0 Likes
HaszMatt
Pilot
Options
Galaxy S20
I backed mine secure folder up before every big update (like AndroidOS or OneUI like the recent one). Did the update and now all of my back ups are gone with be most recent in 2018, and I am fuming. That's over 500 files just gone now. Has anyone else experienced this and been able to resolve it? I'm so upset I'm shaking, and this might inspire me to never buy a Samsung phone again