Original topic:

Lost regular keyboard and ability to switch between languages without changing language on phone.

(Topic created: 08-14-2021 08:54 PM)
userIb8nyUVOHj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My Galaxy S20 has lost its regular keyboard.  I used to keep my phone in English and have both English and Spanish available on the keyboard; I could change keyboard languages by swiping side to side on the space bar key.  Now the Samsung keyboard obscures the message being written making entering a message exceedingly difficult, and I can no longer switch keyboard languages without changing languages for the entire phone.  Or I can use the Microsoft keyboard but it does not allow easily switching languages either; the only option is to switch the language for the entire phone.  How can I get the standard keyboard back which allows me to have both English installed as the language for the phone and the default language for the keyboard and also have Spanish as an optional language which I can choose with the swipe of the space bar?    

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userIb8nyUVOHj I think that you may have enabled the floating keyboard option and that is why the Samsung keyboard may be obscuring something on screen. 

Go to Settings -> General management -> Samsung keyboard settings -> Mode and select something other than "Floating keyboard". 

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

have you updated the samsung keyboard to the latest version? have you tried it in safe mode?

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report

0 Likes
TheDarkness
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Since noone answered the language-switching question, here is the proceedure:

First check that you have the desired language options enabled in  Settings --> General Management --> Samsung Keyboard Settings. Enabled typing language will appear in the box at the top labled "Languages and Types". To adjust this, click into the box then "Manage Input Languages".

With that verifyed, you can then find Language Switching Method in the same path (Settings --> General Management --> Samsung Keyboard Settings --> Languages and Types). Language Switching Method provides three options: Language Key, Space Bar Swipe, both--you want one of the latter two enabled.

0 Likes