JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple or deleted contacts in s22 ultra

(Topic created: 03-27-2022 04:45 PM)
Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
So lately I've noticed either multiple contacts of same contacts already saved or miraculously deleted contacts. I'm telling you like 8-10 times duplicated. Thankfully I saved my numbers with Google but dies anyone else have this issue? I went and revoked contacts permissions from some apps but I dint believe it has helped. 

**Update August 2022**
Also happening in new Z Fold 4 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stradanakis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I possibly have a solution. I had the same issue since I bought my s22 ultra about 6 months ago. Now its been over a week with no issues, for now. Im still not 100% its a solution untill 30 days pass without issues.

1- Export your contact list to google drive to ensure you don't lose contacts during to process.
2- Turn off google contact "sync", go to settings, google, settings for Google app, Google contact sync,
3- Delete the entire contact list from phone, delete trash, clear cache, clear app storage data from phone contact list.
4- (Important) Make sure to merge google contact duplicates, (then make sure you don't have any contacts in Google contact trash)
5- At this point your phone contact list should be completely empty including trash, (sync still turned off) And google contact should be clean and with no duplicates, (trash needs to be empty.)
6- (Verify both phone contact list and Google contact list don't have contacts in trash.)
7- Now go to phone contact app and click import from google contact. A fresh list of your contacts will be uploaded to your phone.
8- Now you can turn on sync if it didn't turn on automatic. Go to Settings, google, settings for google apps, Google contact sync. I turned on sync (first option) I kept the second option off (back up and sync from device). Keeping the second option off still syncs phone contact to google and google to phone. I dont really understand what second option is for. I just kept it off for now.

Update: 30 day update, it's still working fine with no issues, it sad that we have to go through this complecated process. But its working now.

View solution in context

31 Replies
Marshyboi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Could be a problem with your contacts syncing from multiple areas, like the sim, Google, and Samsung at the same time. Not 100% sure though.
Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Went and checked and nope the problem. I only save to Google. Even looked over to see my other google accounts and nope not it. I don't even know what could be causing this. I'm worried it can be some stupid app I downloaded 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:
userl8zzYol7wL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same issue and only have Google. I don't have the Samsung account active on my cellphone.

Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That's nits. So wonder if it's google
0 Likes
Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Nono noooooo!!! It's still happening. 😪😭😭😭😭😭🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏻‍:female_sign: these are different screenshots and I couldn't do more 🤦🏻‍:female_sign:😭😭😭Screenshot_20220329-164657_Contacts_16142_1648586821.jpgScreenshot_20220329-164649_Contacts_16140_1648586813.jpgScreenshot_20220329-164639_Contacts_16138_1648586805.jpgScreenshot_20220329-164704_Contacts_16144_1648586828.jpg
userQy1HRbQSHb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am also experiencing this problem, it is terrible, some contacts go to trash and some repeated ! Cannot figure out what is causing it.

Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I kinda figured it out because it actually tells you google play services deleted it butttttt when I stopped ot it didn't sync any linger. And that's annoying Screenshot_20220407-163142_Contacts_16404_1649363502.jpgScreenshot_20220407-163104_Contacts_16402_1649363464.jpg
0 Likes
userl8zzYol7wL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi! It happened to me twice. I lost 266 contacts. It is so annoying. I tried to recover my contacts from back up and it didn't work. I tried to view my contacts from backups and it didn't work. I have a Galaxy S22 ultra. I was able to recover my contacts from Google's Website. 

Samsung, what are you doing? besides removing the SD slot and reducing the battery life??

I never had any issues with my old phones.

Jerzie82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Darn, I wish there would be something to fix it. I turned off autosync on everything and it's still happening