cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Low Call Volume On S20

Since I have got the device, I am receiving very low call volume via Bluetooth, headset and speakers. The speaker volume on calls is the worst.  The same speaker have a high volume while playing any media.

The phone Model is : SM-G981U1  and network is : AT&T. 

Samsung support I have cleaned both buds and speaker and has made no change to call volume. Do you think this is a lemon product?  I bought the phone on samsung.com

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Low Call Volume On S20

Hello there, let's see if I can help.

When you're on a call are you able to change the volume with the hard keys? 

-If you can is the volume slider all the way up?

Are you using the stock calling application?

-If not could you try using the stock app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Using stock application.Volume at max with hard keys. Also Bluetooth is off and yet speaker doesn't have much volume during calls.  Turned off Media Volume limit.

What can be done to get the speaker call volume at par with iPhone 7.  Sorry I have to compare S20 to iphone 7.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Test the phone in Safe Mode to see if there is an app interfering with the in-call volume.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same for me I can barely hear people calling, puting on speaker doesn't help. I've had the phone for 2 days.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just got the phone yesterday and have the same problem. Ran phone in safe mode and still has low volume when you turn on speaker phone. Vloume ok if speaker phone is not on????

@userp3Xw0yHQcA wrote:

Since I have got the device, I am receiving very low call volume via Bluetooth, headset and speakers. The speaker volume on calls is the worst.  The same speaker have a high volume while playing any media.

The phone Model is : SM-G981U1  and network is : AT&T. 

Samsung support I have cleaned both buds and speaker and has made no change to call volume. Do you think this is a lemon product?  I bought the phone on samsung.com

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem. I just got the phone yesterday. I bought the phone directly from Samsung, S20 Ultra Unlocked. Volume during calls is very low despite having the volume at max. I think the phone has a Design issue. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.