cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Low volume when connected to bluetooth.

Galaxy S20 playing Pandora via JBL Charge  speaker.  Volume when playing music is very low. I can fix it for one song by reconnecting to the speaker but after song ends, I get a notification sound and volume becomes very low. Happens every time.
Any fix for this issue? 
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Low volume when connected to bluetooth.

I only have this issue when I connect my S20 Ultra to a bluetooth device after a system restart. Normally, I connect to the device and when the music starts playing I crank the volume up on my phone for the bluetooth. it stays at the volume until I reboot my phone. did you check the sound and volume settings? maybe your phone has a volume level protection turned on.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Low volume when connected to bluetooth.

I don't have media limit volume turned on. The mystery notification sound precedes the volume going low. I thought it was Pandora's media player that was sending the notifications after every song, so I turned off notifications for Pandora, which did not fix it.
The volume problem only happens with the BT speaker, not with Galaxy Buds even though the notification after each song can be heard
Highlighted
Galaxy

does the JBL speakers rely on firmware updates? other than that, I would be out of ideas.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

No updates for the JBL, tried it with a no name speaker also, same result. Thanks for trying though!
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userBwHIjqnKIR Try to reconnect bluetooth device. Remove and connect again. DOuble check if the bluetooth speaker on the phone is use for audio and call. Check the phone if it is Dolby enabled.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Still getting the low volume after each song. I don't know if after each song the bluetooth disconnects and reconnects, hence the double notification sounds.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userBwHIjqnKIR hmm if all didn't work you may have it check with ubreakifix repair center they are authorized by samsung to repair galaxy phones.  Diagnostic is free i think, call them before coming in. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Low volume when connected to bluetooth.

Thank you for the advice!