JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

MCM Client anyone seeing the error popping up on the home screen?

(Topic created: 12-27-2020 07:17 PM)
JJewels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
MCM Client Keeps Starting And Stopping notification pops up on the home screen of my Sg 20 Ultra. Does anyone know what MCM is and if its something to be concerned about?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, 

@JJewels

T-mobile update installed the mcm client along with carrier hub, carrier device manager and mobile installer. These are sprint apps and services. Mobile installer is used by sprint to automatically install apps, mostly apps we don't really want, on their branded phones. T-mobile has a similar app called app selector. Mcm client is sprint mobile content management. It updates everything a sprint branded phone has installed, apps, branding and features ect.

In system settings, location at the bottom of the menu I have a new entry network data analytics. When I open it it states its disabled. It writes a log file every time. Doesn't show a notification just writes the file.

I expected they would remove these with the December security update but they're still there and can't be disabled or uninstalled. I turned off the notification for the one sending that, Removed the permissions that I could but we really shouldn't have to all this. I'd prefer not to have these on my galaxy.

Best regards, 

CLF 

View solution in context

12 Replies
D1nOly
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Not too sure about that but I'd love to help
JJewels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you for offering to help
Salty2Dog
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
MCM Client is software company that handles T-mobile/ Sprint apps... they have had alot of issues. I have spent 6+ weeks on the phone with Samsung, Sprint, and Asurion for over 5400+ minutes. I have a new s21+ coming from Samsung thanks to Sprint.... there is no way to get rid of it... get on the phone and ask to be escalated to cancel your service due to MCM Client. MCM CLIENT crashes on mine about 60 to 70 times per day... one day it hit 121 crashes... Good luck!!
Options
Galaxy S20

can you share a screenshot?

what is your carrier? and your software version? (setting - about - software info - basebad)

thanks!

userYtSrz7gQfh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
how this thing is so annoying
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

JUGGERNAUT12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm seeing the same thing and I'm also trying to figure out how to remove it
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, 

@JJewels

T-mobile update installed the mcm client along with carrier hub, carrier device manager and mobile installer. These are sprint apps and services. Mobile installer is used by sprint to automatically install apps, mostly apps we don't really want, on their branded phones. T-mobile has a similar app called app selector. Mcm client is sprint mobile content management. It updates everything a sprint branded phone has installed, apps, branding and features ect.

In system settings, location at the bottom of the menu I have a new entry network data analytics. When I open it it states its disabled. It writes a log file every time. Doesn't show a notification just writes the file.

I expected they would remove these with the December security update but they're still there and can't be disabled or uninstalled. I turned off the notification for the one sending that, Removed the permissions that I could but we really shouldn't have to all this. I'd prefer not to have these on my galaxy.

Best regards, 

CLF 

JJewels
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank You So Much For Letting Me Know. I am with you..I dont want it on my Galaxy Ultra Either...The MCM Client Is More Like A Call Concerning An Extended Warranty On A Car You've Never Owned! 🤦‍:female_sign:
Thanks Again Honey Pie
XOXO Jenn