JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Media Volume Automatically Turns Itself Down

(Topic created: 09-13-2020 05:49 AM)
user3N0CloabA6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 has started to automatically adjust the volume all the way down while I'm listening on my headphones when I'm exercising. There is occasionally a message saying that there is a safety setting to keep the user from listening to the volume at too high of a volume. Now, it doesn't just turn my volume down to the 70% that it says is a safe level, it turns the volume down to 0. Nothign I  an do stops it. I turn it back up, and it just goes right back down. I understand the concept of this feature, but there is no way to disable it. If I want to listen to my music at a high level that's my choice, and Samsung should have no say in that. I hope that there is an update coming soon, because I am beyond frustrated. At this point i'm ready to toss this thing and go back to an Iphone. Maybe someone here can help me find a resolution, because the only help customer service could offer was to do a hard reboot.....we all know how much that helped.

18 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have the Media Volume limit turned on?

- Go to settings > sound and vibration > volume > tap the dots in the top right corner > tap on media volume limit > and make sure the media volume limit is set to off

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3N0CloabA6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I've tried that and it still auto adjusts 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you experience these symptoms with all apps or specific apps?

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Next, I would try wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQ3WtMhZTRS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
user3N0CloabA6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It's the headphones. Took me months to figure it out, no help from Samsung at all. The headphones aren't communicating properly with your phone. Unfortunately only solution i found was to buy an expensive set of wireless headphones. Once I did that I've had no issues. It has definitely ruined my confidence in Samsung phones for sure.

plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

download a samsung members app from galaxy store, and send the log. Samsung Technicians might find if there is anything wrong with the software

to upload your log, click

Get help -> scroll to the bototm -> Error reports -> either Always or Just this time` -> sounds/vibration -> fill in info -> you can attach video by selecting paper clip, and send logo with paper plane logo

0 Likes
userNZDcnOJ6XV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue, tried safe mode, wiping cache, media volume settings. It's not the earphones since this happens when playing via phone speakers.

Pretty annoying now I can't listen to my workout drills because the noise from the gym is overpowering my headphones.

Any fix on this issue?

plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

when did it start happen?

0 Likes
MatrixRC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
same here on Note 20 Ultra