JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Message Categories are kinda busted

(Topic created: 03-07-2020 01:15 AM)
CellyTheDork
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

When i found out i could create Message categories i was actually pretty excited to see how it worked. Nothing else really does that, so i wanted to give it a shot, y'know?

First rodeo. I make one, add the contacts and miss one. I then realise i seem to be unable to add more to the category. I try to remove the category, nothing.

In doing so, i deleted all my main conversations thinking it works simply remove them from those extra categories- nope. That's my fault, but i still think that if there's no obvious deletion method- if any at all- it stands to reason that that would be the next course of action to figuring it out. But in doing so, potentially important messages in your most important conversations will be gone.

Basically; no way to delete categories, no way to add contacts you miss. A great idea on paper, in execution not so much, which is sad as i really liked that idea.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
25 Replies
HogCall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I was writing Twitter support about this this morning. They never did understand what I was trying to ask, and they finally sent me here.

Can't believe they added these catregories (which I love the idea), with no obvious way to edit (rename, add/remove convos) or delete them.

0 Likes
usergoFCIiwTOY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So there is a way to delete categories! On the home page of your text conversations, select the dot dot dot next to the search button, then select "conversation categories", then in the top right select "edit". Here, you can rename, change the order and delete the categories.

0 Likes
userdlWOdnXDda
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

@CellyTheDork I made a category accidently and could not figure out how to delete it. After a little bit these are the steps I took and now the accidental category is deleted. Go to message settings (3 dots in messages), click conversation categories (not the on/off slide but the actual icon), in the right hand corner click edit and select the category not needed or wanted and hit delete. Hope this helps

0 Likes
userETkYBX69Q9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Open Message app

go to :

Settings> Conversation Categories> hold on the category name> choose delete

It's done !

0 Likes
sbusters
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

1. Open messaging app.

2. On the right hand side about half screen next to the search icon click on the 3 dots.

3. Click on Settings.

4. Now click on Conversation categories.

5. Next find the category you wish to delete and click and hold.

6. After you click and hold at the bottom of the screen you will see 2 options. One to rename and one to     delete the category.

0 Likes
user9tzBiJSxyt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
can you make conversations only visible in one category? instead of having the same conversation in multiple ? I have three categories and the ones from work are still showing up in my main tab
0 Likes