cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Messages on S20 will not turn off Group Conversation, which I could easily do on S8.

Messages on S20 will not turn off Group Conversation, which I could easily do on S8.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Messages on S20 will not turn off Group Conversation, which I could easily do on S8.

Hi @usertmUjJfqI4o ,

Go to Messages app>Tap group message>select three dot menu>Mute notifications 

If this helps please select solution so other user with this same matter can read. 

Best Regards,

JORTIZ_12

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Messages on S20 will not turn off Group Conversation, which I could easily do on S8.

Thanks for your prompt response!  I have tried to find a Group message choice with no luck.  How do I get  that option to come up?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Try simply pressing and holding on the group conversation thread. it should then higlight and offer to mute them at the bottom of the screen. it should have a little bell crossed off

Be sure you accept this as a solution if this helps!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I set up a group and tried pressing and holding the note I typed but it didn't give an option related to Group conversation.

@Cindy-Flores89 wrote:

Try simply pressing and holding on the group conversation thread. it should then higlight and offer to mute them at the bottom of the screen. it should have a little bell crossed off

@Cindy-Flores89 wrote:

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @usertmUjJfqI4o ,

While in a group conversation, on the top right click the three dots and you can toggle off group conversation. It will convert them to normal messages.

You can also go into message settings> more settings> multimedia messages > toggle off group conversations.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is Group Conversation something I have control of as the sender, or only those responding?  I don't find that option when I set up a grpoup conversation on the S20.  It was automatic on the S8 and I used it all the time in communicating with the multiple groups I have going weekly!

Highlighted
Product Expert

When you add multiple recipients it will automatically make it a group conversation if you have the option turned on.

If you would not like it to happen automatically follow this:

Go into messages > three dots at top right > settings > more settings> multimedia messages > toggle off group conversations.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did that , but it didn't turn off group conversations! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

When I turn group conversations off, do I have to power down the phone to make the change?