Original topic:

Messenger and conversation settings

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 11:08 AM)
userrngzg9o1uH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Up until yesterday I was able to use the "conversation" feature with messenger. this allowed me to have certain conversations appear as chat heads/bubbles and also allowed me to set specific notification sounds for certain people/chats and have specific chats noted as high priority so they would appear at the top of my notifications

this was incredibly useful for me but now I don't appear to be able to do it. 

I don't know whether it was a messenger update or a Samsung update but in the messenger notification settings I know have the following:-

"Priority levels and bubbles aren't supported for conversations from this app"

and something along the lines of 

"this app is not supporting conversation specific settings"

I guess my question is does anyone know how I can fix this?

I ask because I'm not sure if its an error or a feature has been removed (i really hope not) or if its because I have to turn a setting on somewhere to allow "conversations" again

any assistance would be really appreciated or at the very least if someone knows a way to apply different notification sounds for different people in messenger that would be amazing.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bubuscus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
It happened to be as well it was from an update that messenger put out I went through the settings in the app and got it working again
userrngzg9o1uH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

not wanting to trouble you too much Bubuscus but by any chance could you walk me through what you did to get it working again please?

I've been trying to fix this for the past couple of hours so id really appreciate it if you were able to help me with this

0 Likes
userWwuJm1KWs8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This new update is frustrating and i'd also love to know how to get it back to how it was.  Following...

0 Likes