cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Mic stopped working on S20+ , also the earphone.

Hi,

I am using S20+

Sometime its microphone stops working. I have to restart phone i fix it. I tried to record voice once it happened just to clarify. It happens several times.

And also just once the earphone also not worked. I had to restart the phone twice.

All of the occations speaker phone worked. That is the only way i could able be answer phone calls.

Occasionally I am using phone without any bluetooth or any headset. It is very frustating when I have these type of issues when I using very little time without out headsets.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mic stopped working on S20+ , also the earphone.

You can try these steps to correct the microphone issue. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for the response.

It happens when i use galaxy buds plus or any bluetooth device.

Even when i switch off bluetooth it won't working. And I have to restart my phone.

This is the samsung's 2020 falgship and its cost lot and please fix it with an update atleast which actually should not be an issue at the frist place.

Frustrating......

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you already tried performing a wiping of the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps:

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
Press Bixby / Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you still need help with your issue?