cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Microphone issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My build in microphone is working only for 60% time of the conversation. It just stops working for a while 20-30seconds, and then is back to normal again. In order to talk I need to use microphone from earphones. I received a new phone 3 days ago and I noticed the issue during the first call at the first day.

Any ideas?

All the rest is perfect, thank you <3!

->UPDATE: I have samsung S20 Ultra

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Microphone issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userPLwF0CivSF,

The first thing I suggest you try is to go into your Phone app and dial *#0283#. This will bring you to a menu that lets you test out the microphones and speakers via a loopback. The first option is to test it out as if it were a normal call. A second option is a speakerphone option.  Usually, if you can't hear yourself during one of these two tests it means your phone would need a repair and your best bet then is to private message @SamsungModerator.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi @userPLwF0CivSF 

What phone do you have?

First thing you can try is checking for Updates available you can do this straight from the setting > System Updates.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, thank you for your respond. My phone is S20 ultra, received a new piece 3 days ago. I just checked for an update and there is nothing. I had my last update 2 days ago and before that update and after, the microfhone issue did not change.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Inspect the microphone area of your phone. Make sure there is nothing covering the microphone, a dirty phone case or dust could have cost it. Also sometimes coverage or bad reception could have to drop your conversation depending on the area you are in. Otherwise, if you think that your mic is faulty hardware or software-wise, I would bring it to your nearest Samsung authorized location like ubreakifix store so that they can do a diagnostics. Hope this helps you. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi ItsGV, 

I may go to the nearest Samsung store as I the microphone issue happens while my phone is clean, without the cover yet and remains in the same position. Also, when I switch to earphones everything is alright.

Many thanks <3

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userPLwF0CivSF,

The first thing I suggest you try is to go into your Phone app and dial *#0283#. This will bring you to a menu that lets you test out the microphones and speakers via a loopback. The first option is to test it out as if it were a normal call. A second option is a speakerphone option.  Usually, if you can't hear yourself during one of these two tests it means your phone would need a repair and your best bet then is to private message @SamsungModerator.

Hope this was helpful!
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Zolfur,

Your answer was very detailed and hapeful. I will run few tests and see how it goes. Can I message SamsungModerator here, on this site?

Tks

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPLwF0CivSF,

Yes, feel free to give them a message whenever is convenient.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried this teste, and my microfone is terrible, almost impossible to hear what i said. But i alreqady sent the cellphone to the Samsung assistence... and still the same! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also make sure you wifi is off... sometimes when your home and trying to make phone calls it will try to go over wifi instead of cell.. and if you have etheir weak wifi or cell signal it will try to bounce ba k and forth causing a tempeory pause on your conversation... this might not be the issue ... but good to try to elimate the possibility... so when you contact service support your have all your bases covered