Original topic:

Missing adaptive brightness

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 09:40 PM)
mexidor24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I no longer have adaptive/auto brightness  on my phone. I had my sensors checked at Samsung repair store. Ambient light sensor is there and passed but the option is gone. When i swipe down an go to brightness, my only option is "outdoor mode". I've done two factory resets, no joy.

I worked with Samsung chat and no luck. Help!
9 Replies
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Right next to the brightness adjustment is there a down symbol? (v) looks like a small V
0 Likes
mexidor24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Nope..it doesn't exist. It says "outdoor mode"
0 Likes
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
mexidor24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
That's to enable outdoor mode. I need to figure out why adaptive lighting is gone.
0 Likes
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Only other thing I found was.....

Head to Settings > Display > Notification Panel > Brightness Adjustment. If the brightness bar is still missing after making some necessary changes, try to restart your phone to ensure that the changes will be properly applied.
0 Likes
mexidor24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I appreciate the help but thats not either. I've reset phone 3 times now.
0 Likes
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Only other thing I could say is to try a complete erase and reset the install everything all over again.....good luck
0 Likes
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Ty
0 Likes
mexidor24
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks again Denny! I did that already. I'll keep resetting but it's not there, the Samsung approved repair center ran diagnostics and the ambient sensor is there and working according to their test. Somehow my phone system is not using it, so it puts up "outdoor mode" as if where an old phone. Crazy. I hope Samsung can help. The chat didn't know what to do.
0 Likes