Original topic:

Mobile Hotspot not working after update last week

(Topic created: 04-28-2021 08:41 AM)
userJYEcGmk4nO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

The Mobile Hotspot feature on my Samsung Galaxy S20 stopped working after the latest upgrade last week. When I try to enable Mobile Hotspot on the phone I receive the error message, "All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or are not installed".

Can someone please help me with this? I have checked with my carrier twice and they assured me the hotspot feature is still enabled on my account. I rebooted the phone, but that did not help. I wiped the cache partition, but still cannot enable the mobile hotspot. What can I try next?

Thank you,

Lee

18 Replies
Dave412
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having same exact issue. It's killing me! Lol. Happened with most recent update. Really crappy cause I pay extra for hotspot I can't use now! Pretty irritating!
0 Likes
BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the exact same problem with my S20 after the latest software update. When I try to turn on the Hotspot, the message flashes at the bottom of the screen that says,

"All apps associated with this action have been turned off, blocked, or are not installed."

They weren't turned off, blocked, or not installed before the update.

Software update information:
* Current version: G981U1UE1DUCC / G981U1OYM1DUCC / G981U1UEU1DUCC
* Security patch level: April 1, 2021

Can we assume that this is Samsung's idea for an April Fool's prank on it's customers?
0 Likes
BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I would also like to add that this is NOT a carrier issue. Hotspot still works on my wife's S21 on the same carrier (Puretalkusa). I don't know if she has installed the update; I doubt that she has, but Hotspot still works on her phone.

On Thursday morning 4/28, I discovered that I could receive calls but not make them. After I rebooted the phone, I could make calls. After I got home, I installed the update. After the update, I could send text messages but couldn't receive them. Another reboot solved that problem. It was on Friday 4/29 that I discovered the Hotspot problem. I spent an hour on the phone with a very nice lady from Samsung. It is a new problem that as of yet, they have no solution for. I later did a factory reset and that doesn't fix the problem either. After the update, the phone is either broke or busted; I can't tell which.
0 Likes
Pablo4033
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm about ready to ditch my s20 for a cheap Motorola.
Members_yhFMVvY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Come on Samsung, fix this!!  I've been a loyal customer since the first galaxy phones.  Thinking seriously about purchasing an iphone!!

0 Likes
user5dNLLsmwAN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same issue here!
0 Likes
Samsung_cZXoFXd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have exact the same issue after updating to April 2021 security patch on my s20 phone. Hope samsung will fix this asap.

userfLhWOLtiR7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Have the same issue. S20 FE 5G...

”Mobile Hotspot not available”.

And all of Samsung’s responses seem to be the same canned responses about contacting the carrier (in my case its a prepaid carrier, so they’d be happier if i used MORE data...)

0 Likes
Members_zJ6KfxV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue here with S20 5G.  Samsung does not know how to fix it.

0 Likes