cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Moisture Detected Error on S20 Plus

My daughter has a Galaxy S20 Plus.  We pre-ordered our new phones and received them March 2nd.  25 days after we received our new phones, my daughter got the "Moisture Detected" Error.  The phone was NEVER around any liquid or moisture.  We tried all the tips and tricks from online posts and forums but nothing worked.  I contacted Customer Service and after 2 hours going back and forth with them, I was finally able to get her a replacement phone.  A week after we got it, the same error appeared.  After clearing the USB Settings cache and restarting, the error went away.  But today, the error is back and this time it isn't going away. These are brand new phones we spend a lot of money on and it's not acceptable.  My daughter has submitted a bug report, but I also wanted to report it here because I think this is a software bug and Samsung needs to fix it.   I've seen others reporting the same issue, so I know we are not the only ones.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Moisture Detected Error on S20 Plus

Hello @SingingAngel when you received the replacement device did your daughter continue to use the same charger from the original device?

Highlighted
Product Expert

That usually happens when using the older cable with the replacement device. 

Highlighted
Constellation

No ... we returned the charger and cable ... she's been using the one that came with the replacement device.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I bought s20 plus in June and just after one month, same message started to appear every now and then. Was using headphones the other day and same moisture detected message popped up. I have sent the phone back now for technician to check it out, after I tried every possible tip available on the forums. Regretting getting the Samsung now. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I went through 4 phones that had the same problems. I gave up and bought the wireless charger