cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Moisture Detected in Charging port

I purchased this phone on a pre-order. The phone arrived it looked just as good as it did in the store. The phone looks impressive. But, I am not impressed! I purchased this camera for the camera basically, for all the hoorah about the camera. I am a DJ and I have my own website and I thought, what better way to get good quality video and pictures for my website than with the upgrade from the 8 plus to this new s20 Plus. Unless I'm just that dumb, and am missing functions that must be hidden, this camera in the s20 plus is no better than my Galaxy S8 Plus. The photographs are comparable, the video was definitely comparable. "Distorted"  The only quality change between the Galaxy S8 plus and the Galaxy s20 plus is that the Galaxy s20 plus selfie camera is fabulous. But I didn't buy the camera to take pictures of myself all day long! On top of this, that's not even an issue! 2 weeks into having this phone this moisture detected alert comes on. Mind you I have not dropped my phone in any water I have not been in the rain with this phone I have not been in the shower with this phone and I have not spilled any liquids on in or near this phone! Now, this phone is sold and rated as a "waterproof" phone. They say it can go into 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes without damage being done! But when I call Samsung customer service as well as T-Mobile the provider that I use they both tell me that "sure we will send you a replacement phone or a new phone but once we do an inspection and if what is determined that tells the phone has moisture damage shows us the same thing I will be charged $500.00."

So it was suggested that I take this phone to a T-Mobile store and have the representative check in this SIM card compartments to see the strip that should read White if there has been no type of water damage and it will show pink or red have there been water damaged. My dilemma is I have taken it to the representative they tell me that what they're supposed to be looking at is the white color that it should be. But how do I send this phone back with this issue and trust that you will tell me the truth since you gave me no other option other than to scare me into keeping the phone with these issues. My only work around this issue was to purchase a wireless charger another $99 expense. I am so done with Samsung. I've been with you for probably 10 years or so I know at least eight. I never had this issue with any of your products before other than some of them having software update issues where they update corrected the issue. But now that I spent $1,300 for a phone I have had less than a month I'm having these major issues on top of that I forgot to add it's not holding to my Bluetooth connected devices it drops at will. Hopefully you'll get the bugs fixed and I did pay the $99 to Assurance to get a new phone. I just hope and pray that I don't have these issues with the next phone because if so I think I'm going to have to get a lawsuit just to get my money back. I've never been an Apple fan but boy are you turning me that way.

I want you to know this is the first time I have ever given any company a bad review. I'm just heartbroken that this couldn't have been handled any better way. Other than to make it look as if this was my fault when I have totally purchased a defective phone.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Moisture Detected in Charging port

The moisture detection happened to my Galaxy S8 and it basically was unusable, it had never been in water and lived in a case its whole time and never been dropped. In the end the screen had burn issues as well. Definitely a fault with the phone given that they're both (S8/S20) IP68 rated...

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userVN7Bek5JYn ,

Im not sure what assistance you received but I can definitely asisst you in getting the proper answers. 

As you stated you device is one of our latest and as you know theres always a few issues here and there but based on what youre describing it sounds you may have a defective device. My best recommendations is not to go to your carrier but an actual Samsung Care Facility or U Break I Fix location:

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Here your device will be properly diagnosed free of charge and then they will advise you of the next steps. Again Im so sorry for the issues youre experiencing. I hope this was helpful. Doing this will keep you from having to worry about any misconduct or communication. You can also check your own liquid indicator and take a photo for your own peace of mind. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

A moisture detected error message indicates that the port has had contact with liquid and it is now corroded, therefore you need to take it to a service center and get the phone serviced. Before taking it, i highly advise you to backup your phone completely.

Highlighted
Product Expert

In this case your best option would be to contact samsung directly as their are no service center that will physically service the devices onsite these items are usually shipped out with proof purchase or further inspection down below i have attached a link

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Highlighted
Product Expert

For port moisture you have to get your device  inspected and repair the port . Here is the link : https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just got my S20+ today and haven't had it but a few hours and got this moisture error message the first time I tried to charge it! I have waited for hours, used compressed air, cloth as suggested and it won't stop! I too am sick about spending this amount of money, and was really excited to once, have a latest phone out. But this? This is unacceptable and I dread the hassle it is going to be I'm sure to convince them I didn't get it wet!