Original topic:

Most USB C won't fit

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userTegVIeCHN7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I can't find anything on Reddit but.. is it just me or do most USB C cords not actually push in far enough to charge?

I have a plethora of USB C and regardless of whether I use the official Samsung charging brick or another only a few cables seem to work (unless I manually push and hold them in). Is this a thing? I have a couple cords which consistently fit and charge whilst most others just refuse to charge without force.

.(and I have tried using a toothpick to remove dust etc and to no avail)

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userTegVIeCHN7 Do you have a case on your phone? It sounds like the cutout on the case for the USB C port isn't big enough to allow your cables to seat correctly. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree with @LongHiker. Can also be caused by an obstruction in the port. I've had paper, lint, and varios other obstacles manage to find its way into the port. Doesnt happen often but it does occur.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Sounds like either your phone case has a very tight fit for charger ports or your charger port is bent or damaged. Take your case off and try diff chargers 1st
0 Likes
userCuhI0kvqwq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I had that problem too. Solved it by trimming a tiny bit of plastic from the mini-USB connector.
Be very careful when you do this, but if done right (and you have no obstructions inside the port) it works fine and I have had no problems with this solution.
0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't have this problem. Could be your phone case or slightly damaged inside.
0 Likes