Original topic:

Multiple Issues that started approx 3 weeks ago (WiFi/Text Messages/other)

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 8:56 AM)
HKG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Approximately 3 weeks ago i started having WiFi issues.  We just has a snowstorm here so i gave no thought to it being anything other then that.  (Wi-Fi at my job) (Wi-Fi at home worked perfectly fine)

(During this time i started having issues with FB messenger.  I couldn't use the mic to make voice messages.  Random text messages are vanishing into thin air.  I see the notification pop up then it's disappears like it never happened.  Bixby just stopped working completely, acted like i never set it up.  I had zero issues with the phone till that point in time.  i've had this phone approx 3 months)

2 weeks go by and i call in my provider at work (Comcast aka xfinity) They come in and check the modem which they didn't find any issues with but replaced it anyway cause we are planning to upgrade our speed in a few weeks.    The tech tests the WiFi on his Iphone and his Samsung both work perfectly.  Everyone else in the office the WiFi works, me i just keep getting "internet not available". 

Now this doesn't make much sense to me because my WiFi at home works perfectly.  The WiFi at my job previously worked perfectly.  Nothing changed yet i can't get on it.

After this i go home and reformat my phone.  Nothing changes, everything is still not working.  I've checked setting, rebooted, reformatted, reset, and i've run out of ideas. 

I'll try anything at this point, ideas, suggestion??

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes, you're in a dead spot at work. Likely RF interference.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Or you are a target of an intentional jamming.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Also try toggling off Data Roaming Access in Connections.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
In the unlikely event you have not done this, try Patriot1776's solution for a different problem.
"Maybe try network reset

From settings go to general management > reset > Reset Network Settings (BEAWARE THIS WILL UN INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES AND AFTERWARDS YOU WILL NEED TO RE INSTALL YOUR WIFI AND BLUETOOTH DEVICES)

Also I would reboot your modem"
0 Likes
HKG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have reset my network settings numerous times with no luck.  I spoke to support and they had me reformat my phone (again).  This is just getting tiresome, reboot/reset/reformat/rinse/repeat.  There is only so many times one can tell their boss they haven't received their text message.... 

And i have rebooted and replaced the modem so it's not that. 

0 Likes