This widget could not be displayed.

Original topic:

Multiple key presses glitch

(Topic created: 06-19-2022 03:55 AM)
maximuslyricus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm confusing the cursor jumping glitch with my S20 FE's apparent glitch, which is: at many times when I type on either the G-Board or Samsung's keyboard (any keyboard), I get multiple unwanted key presses, especially when I press and hold to bring up the secondary symbols. This also happens on my wife's phone. It's annoying, and Samsung has yet to address the glitch (at least as far as I can tell). I get multiple letters all the time as I type, and to be honest I am tired of it. I hadn't bought a Samsung device in years (and never new), but as soon as I do, I get this problem of which no one seems to be addressing. This is the first time that I bought brand new Samsung devices outright, and it's also the first time that I've ever had a problem with any Android keyboard. Has Samsung addressed this issue? If not, why not? Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix? I have attempted to fix it via settings with different options, but I can't get the key press glitch to stop.

I will say this: if Samsung hasn't fixed this, or won't fix it, this will be the last time that I purchase Samsung devices. They cost too much money to work improperly and for Samsung not to seriously and expediently address problems.

3 Replies
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Lovecars
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Go to Settings, accessibility, interaction and dexterity, touch settings. Click on ignore repeated touches and turn it on, click on it to adjust timing.
Give me a like
0 Likes
maximuslyricus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Going into the interaction and dexterity settings was the first place that I went months ago. I not only tried your advice, I troubleshooted with all of those settings together and separately, and nothing worked. Perhaps I'll try again. One of them brings up a blue circle circle every time you touch the screen, unless you press too fast (which in that case, it's red). I turned it all off because it was an annoyance and didn't help. Plus, the glitch is more like hitting a button once and getting a burst (like a burst weapon). But I may try it again for awhile to see if there's an improvement. If so, I'll give you your like at that time.
0 Likes