Original topic:

Multiple problems with screen response to touch

(Topic created on: 3/28/21 7:31 AM)
usercNH5JkWfhK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

These issues were present when we got the phones just over a year ago, but at the time we thought that we just needed to get used to the phone. Then we just kind of got used to it and put up with it for a long time, but now it's getting worse. Both my phone and my wifes phone is affected (we bought 4 the same day, only these two are affected),mine is much worse than hers. She can live with it, but mine is getting out of hand. Enough context, on the the problems. 

First of all, trying to scroll screens (horizontal or vertical) might and might not work. By that I mean sometimes I touch the screen and swipe, and the screen roll to the next one, as it should. Other times I have to swipe at it anywhere from 3 to 9 times before the screen moves. A lot of times, especially in the app drawer these repetitive swipes causes an unwanted app to open. All I can do is keep swiping until it responds, there is nothing else going to work. Hitting the Home button, takes me home, but it won't scroll either. It does not matter how hard or soft you press, if it does not want to move, it's not going to.

Second, and this one isn't as important, but it makes me unreasonably mad. I go to copy an icon from app drawer to home screen, or uninstall an app from anywhere, or anything else that requires you to long press the icon, you will long press that icon until it vibrates, you let go, and nothing happens, no pop up nothing, that will happen 3 to 5 times.  Then the pop up menu pops up,  and then disappears before you can read to see where the option you want is located much less press it.  That will happen until infinity, about 20% of the time if I do it enough I can manage to press it in time. But like with uninstalling, I end up going into settings>apps to that, or I go into the app drawer or from there to the desktop to try it at a different place. But as I said, it doesn't matter where you are,  how much pressure you use, or how many times you try it, there is no changing that it just does not work.  

Do I just need to do a reset, or is there something much similar I can try first? I've tried all the troubleshooting I could find, but nothing that actually fit my problem, so it hasn't worked. As I said this started the day we got them over a year ago so it came from Samsung like this, but it's out of warranty now. I believe ATT will still honer the warranty we pay for there, but I really don't want to have to start over, which is why I have avoided the reset, I'm dealing with reinstalling windows, just don't want to have to  deal with a phone too. 

0 Replies