Original topic:

My S20 will not fast charge or charge with any other cables

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 09:48 AM)
userqafJCeIUSs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 will only charge with a cheap USB cable charger. No fast charging but also no slow charging with any cable capable of fast charging or USB data connection or anything.  Had the USB board in the phone replaced.  No improvement.  What might be broken that is preventing fast charging or any charging on most cables?

0 Likes
4 Replies
MojoRisin179
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
If you have the extra cash, invest in a wireless charger from Amazon and bypass the port all together. Good luck.
0 Likes
invisa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you check your usb port (assuming u haven't already) also could be a logic board problem or with the battery if u can spend money on a new battery might help (note: not a phone repair man just giving thoughts on what might be happing always better to ask a professional)
0 Likes
newgalaxys22user
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Having same issue With my s22, after a cpl months it keeps saying an issue charging to check cable ect. I've tried multiple different cables , blocks , and car chargers but still says 4 hr's plus to full instead of the 1 to 2 hrs it said when new?!
0 Likes
userqafJCeIUSs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you turn on increased screen resolution or display timeout or anything that is actually causing the battery to drain more while charging?
0 Likes