cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra is overheating

When wireless charging other devices such as bud's, watch and phones My S20 ultra is heating up.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra is overheating

Whether you're using a phone, tablet, smart watch, or earbuds, all Galaxy devices have a set temperature range, where they operate at their best. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Use this guide to help keep your devices at their normal operating temperature. Give this link a try for more information on keeping your Galaxy device at normal operating temperature: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello userCtxlo5gGoe,

Hopefully, we can help you, depending on what carrier you have are you able to turn off and on 5G, wanting to know for how long are you charging the devices for, by any chance do you have apps running in the background while wireless charging. When it comes to the S20 ultra the phone will be using everything when it’s on. You can minimize the usage and have the phone only focus on power-share which can help with the overheating issues. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

See if these steps may be helpful.

Get into recovery mode:

1. Hold the power button, the volume up button, and the home button together

2. The phone should boot into recovery mode

3. Once its in recovery mode, you can use the volume buttons to move up and down and the power button to select

4. Select "wipe cache"

5. Restart the phone. If that still does not work, repeat steps 1-3, and this time select "factory reset"

6. Restart the phone

If the phone does not even get into recovery mode, it may need futher one on one attention, and specific attention by a technician to it. 

For Samsung Care Authorized locations near you:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/