Original topic:

My Secure folder is empty?

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 07:46 PM)
Kimjim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

After the last update this week my secure folder is empty. What happened to all my photos I had stored there? How can I get them back? I'm not happy, lost over 20 pics.

4 Replies
user9AEZQ8rNiq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes im not getting any of my sms messages that have my codes
0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Unfortunately there is no way to get those pictures back. Samsung use to have a secure folder backup option tied into Samsung cloud which they discontinued. We are trying to have them implement a backup option with OneDrive. You could check if Google photos have synced those photos hopefully

0 Likes
DatGuyy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having this same issue, so your telling me Samsung is not doing anything to help recover our lost files?
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

I don't think there is a way to get the data back. the update from Android 11 to Android 12 may have caused some issue in compatibility and the secure folder being... well... secure, it deleted the files for safety and created a new folder that works with the new OS. 

There seems to be an update rolling out to prevent this from happening, not sure when it will roll out (a bit too late now, but as long as it doesn't happen again 😕 better than nothing)

0 Likes