Original topic:

My last Samsung phone S20 plus and never again

(Topic created on: 4/5/21 12:36 AM)
usernhtQUrtuNF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, wonder if this forum is actually related to Samsung at all? , if so, just wanted to say that I won't be buying any Samsung phone anymore this is the last one.

Years ago my first smart phone was iPhone I didn't like as apple didn't allow users to control their phones, dumped it and turned to Google phone, few years ago bought first Samsung phone s7 Edge it had better specs than Google at that time. Then upgraded to s10 and few month ago to s20.

Seems since sometimes now Samsung adopted apple way of dealing with people who bought their phones.. For example, I can't go back from andoid 11 to android 10 if I'm unhappy about android 11, I can't uninstall telemetry or crapware, spyware I don't want on stock firmware, Unless I root phone but even then I won't be able to remove Samsung pay which runs in the background and process called kgintent.service keeps it running sometimes at 10 percent of the cpu. So I have disabled kgintent.service of Kgclient aka Samsung pay went to sleep but I'm afraid of restarting my phone. As it may not boot up again. 

I also use Windows 10, not stock one before I installed it on my pc I have removed all packages I didn't like so I have got clean copy of Windows iso. Pc has 16 mb ram when I boot my copy of Windows it uses only 500mb ram and no data is being sent anywhere, while cpu is used at 1 percent max while in iddle, No Windows defender no antivirus, I do online shopping for decade now, I do online banking, not even once had any security issue with my copy of Windows. 

When I boot android 11 stock rom on my s20 plus. 3gb of ram is used. And cpu average 2 to 5 percent sometimes to 10 percent thanks to useless Samsung spyware called Samsung pay. And data is being constantly sent from my phone to Samsung servers and etc  I have no control over it, unless I install custom rom. 

I will be stuck with this carp phone for a year and then I'm free never again Samsung. 

7 Replies
Wassep
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
This is a support forum. There isn't anything that you are asking specifically, so we cannot help. I suggest you research how digital marketing and your data is used with both iPhone and Android, it may clear up some misconceptions you may have with "spyware".
0 Likes
usernhtQUrtuNF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I will ask something OK ?

How to remove all Samsung crapware I don't want on my phone?? For example Samsung pay ? Your answer will surely  be I can't uninstall it, then I will ask so how do I stop it from running in the background and abusing cpu of my phone a lot ?Then you will say, dunno .

Then I will ask so can you tell me how to stop Samsung aps constantly sending data over the Internet ? 

Or how to install apk that I downloaded from Internet and I trust it ?I can't can I  ? 

Why Samsung doesn't allow owners of their phones access root storage?? And you will surely say to protect root storage from phone owners.. Lol 

It doesn't matter I'm so angry at this phone I may just throw it away and get myself phone without all this crapware Samsung is throwing at people. 

I wanted to actually buy xiomi ultra two things stopped me is that ultra isn't available here and the only xiomi store in my area was closed during covid. Samsung was open, why did I go there for christ sakes .

0 Likes
FrS10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
You can uninstall system apps for "user 0" which is you, using adb without root. Probably not allowed to explain here but there are lots of guides on xda and elsewhere.

No major phone maker sells their phones rooted. Samsung is not unique in that.

Of course you can install an apk downloaded from the internet. If you had one fail it just happened to be incompatible. I have lots of sideloaded apps.
0 Likes
usernhtQUrtuNF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have actually installed Samsung stock firmware android 11  latest one just to try it, and was thinking I will stick with Samsung rom, went to Google typed aptoide that's my favour appstore not Google not Samsung, downloaded it clicking on install and getting phrasing problem as if the app didn't download properly, downloaded it again and again no go installing it, tried the same with other aps and still no go, I granted Google all permissions and nothing. Next step wanted to modify host file so I don't see all those ads, used Samsung file browser no root storage lmao, I'm not sure if you can uninstall aps over adb, normally I always used lucky patcher or similar to get rid of things I don't like.

The newer phone the more bloatware preinstalled on it, why not sell people clean phones without all this junk constantly downloading data from the net ? And let people choose what aps they want on their phone..

I don't want bixby I don't want knox I don't want Samsung pay can I uninstall those over adb from stock firmware ? 

The good thing is that 

I have finally managed to install custom recovery and custom rom without all this junk. Now able to install any apk I want and remove any apk I don't want even managed to disable Samsung pay, Google play services and most of junk u don't want. And now easily I can block any app I want from accessing the Internet, and on top, no  ads on my phone or browser. 

0 Likes
FrS10
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree that Samsung phones come with too much bloat and tracking. But if you couldn't install apps from other sources that's a weird bug. It's extremely common to install apps from third parties. I use F-Droid. And I know for a fact that you can use adb to uninstall apps for user 0 - I've done it many times on many devices.
I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted with custom rom and recovery.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I can't imagine an answer that would satisfy you.
I truly wish I could help.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

1617654930329.gif

0 Likes