Original topic:

My phone has about 3 different imei numbers

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 8:33 AM)
Latinlover
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So I bought my phone used s20u and it has never update :upside_down_face: I got more into it and realized my phone  has at least 3 different imeis one from the back of the phone one in the call system logs and one s20+ imei in the system has anyone had this issue before?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Sami30
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
That's weird, I haven't heard of this issue before. Did you try bringing it back to the store?
0 Likes
CJ619
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I have heard of this before. Buying a used phone is not something I do, because they can be altered in many ways. For example..... people can change the imei number of a phone if they are technically inclined.

I would recommend contacting the manufacturer to determine which IMEI number is for your phone, or you can do a Google search to see if any of the IMEI numbers are originally for your phone. People do take their chances when buying a used phone, because there are so many scams out there, and many people alter a phone's data. It's sad, but it does happen.
0 Likes
Latinlover
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yes I plan on taking it to the Samsung experience store near me which in almost 2 hours away :upside_down_face: but one emei number did come up at s20u and even have me purchase date and apparently its still under warranty the only concern now is if it is stolen or blacklisted will they confiscate my phone? I'm hesitant to go get it checkout
0 Likes