cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

My videos will not save to my SD card

I started to record a video in 8k and even though I have selected for my videos to go to my SD card in my settings I click record and it lets me know that it's sending it to my internal storage. I bought a 1TB SD card because I take a lot of pictures and videos and what's the point if the videos are going to save to internal storage vs SD card? Like I said in my settings I do have save to SD card selected but it's not saving it to the SD card. How can this be fixed?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: My videos will not save to my SD card

Yeah, I noticed the little notice when starting 8K recording on my S20 Ultra that it was being saved to internal memory. I'm pretty sure that this is because the incoming data from the 8K recording is coming in faster than it could be pushed across the interface to the SD card. Therefore it is saved to the faster internal memory. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

To save 8k videos directly to an SD card the SD card needs to support video speed class V60 or V90. It should state it directly on the SD card itself.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just bought a Lexar 1800X Professional V90 card and the phone will not save to this sd card, why?

@EVANL wrote:

To save 8k videos directly to an SD card the SD card needs to support video speed class V60 or V90. It should state it directly on the SD card itself.