Original topic:

NEED Fix for Text/SMS Notification Tones for each Contact

(Topic created: 11-09-2021 07:09 PM)
phoenixtg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, has Samsung fixed the issue with customization of individual contacts to have their own text message notification tone?

I am aware how to customize group chats, categories and personalize contact ringtones BUT no where I can customize for example, my partner's message different from the default message tone on my cell (S20).   It should be where the Ringtone customization option is on the contact page at the bottom.  The other way under text messages is only temporary, not permanent once message deleted.

Unless you see a setting below that needs to be activiated for the S20.

system sound.jpgnotifications.jpgmore settings.jpg

See below, shows no option to add a Contact Notification tone at bottom, just Ringtone:

Screenshot_20211109-200253_Contacts.jpg

Are you listening Samsung?  PLEASE bring back that option to customize the notification tone for contacts just as you already have with the Ringtone.

I know about the option when someone text messages then can add a notification tone under the text message settings BUT have to wait for that message to happen before customization of the contact or chat group.  

However, once that message is deleted so it the custom contact notification tone and system defaults it back to the set main notification tone.  (pic below of text option but is useless).

text note.jpg

For privacy, people do not keep all their text messages usually.  So once deleted, default returns, so useless feature.

This isn't just my cell that does not have this feature anymore, my friends/family have the same issue.

Samsung please send update to fix missing option under the contact page.

Thanks in advance. 

16 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Hmm... This feature works just fine for all my individual contacts. I didn't activate anything special.Screenshot_20211109-191647_Messages.png
phoenixtg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Can you adjust your contact to have their own special notification tone as well?  In the contact page at bottom? 

As under the text settings you mentioned, once you delete their message, it defaults back so doesn't stay permanent.

Unless I have a setting off, do you see anything below?

0 Likes
userz4MlQTWJnR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Try deleting the contact and then enter it again, I have someone set to a special sound for text messages so I know it is him lol
0 Likes
phoenixtg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Tried

but no option to add a tone, just ringtone.Screenshot_20211109-200253_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
userz4MlQTWJnR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Works for me too.
0 Likes
phoenixtg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

system sound.jpgnotifications.jpg

Unless I have a setting turned off somehow, see pics attached if you noticed something out.

But really should be in the contact page itself, and customize the contact message tone like you can already do there with the ringtone.  Needs to be a better way.

As once that text message is deleted, it defaults back to main sound, so that feature isn't permanent.  

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
While I don't disagree with that change, it's also uncommon that people delete every message they have with their contacts.
phoenixtg
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Well many do delete their text conversations for privacy reasons.  I just want the message tone notification back to customize contacts. 

Hope Samsung fixes this with an update.  Shouldn't be this hard to have a customized tone for different contacts.

Unless I have a setting off, see below and let me know if something is turned off in error.

0 Likes
Shenanaginz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Look in the ringtone and or vibration pattern files. They could be hiding in there.
0 Likes