cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

NO Text Notifications?!?!?!?!?

I am so disheartened. My text message notifications are NOT working on my S20+ - notably haven't worked since I received the brand-new phone last month! I sent my S8+ in for the "Trade-In" and now I would love nothing more than to have it back! The S20+ is a nightmare at the moment. How do you put a new phone on the market and not test the basic text notifications? I have resorted to trying 3rd party notification apps...to include sending my "log" to the developers to see if they could tell me where the problem is. Get it together Samsung! Who needs a cell phone in this day-and-age with dysfunctional text message notifications! I have spent more time than I can keep track of, trying to get the app to work. It is more than RIDICULOUS!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: NO Text Notifications?!?!?!?!?

Just some questions Have you tried your carrier? If a 3rd party app, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app? I installed a 3rd party text app (Pulse) and had some problems until I force stopped the stock app. Haven't had issues with Pulse since.

Highlighted
Constellation

RE: 3rd party apps, I have not tried my carrier. The pre-installed text messaging app has not worked for "sound" notifications. I went out to the Play Store and had attempted to install a "notification" app just to see it it would force the phone into responding. It did not. I also made my Facebook Messenger app the default at one point, and that has also failed. I should note that it worked for a minute, but then it seems that when the phone hits "sleep mode" Facebook Messaging fails to notify as well.  Additionally, the "App Badge" does not show in text messaging. I have tried to set the Flash notification and Edge Lighting, Pop-up, and those work for the most part, but honestly, it only works if I am physically looking at my phone. Simply put, all other notifications and settings work - it is the pre-installed text messaging app that is a failure on all fronts, for sound. Other message boards noted the same issue with other Samsung phones in the past. If someone could tell me what the issue is, I would be extremely happy. I have tried to set the notifications as "default" sound, an then specific sounds, etc., as that was an issue with other Samsung models but nothing is working. If anyone knows of a default text messaging app that does not contains ads and other "junk" that would override everything else, I would be ecstatic!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hello @user9YefaY0g62 

ok, I hope I can help but there are a couple questions I have... 1) are your notification sounds working for all of your other apps? 2) do you have do not disturb set up on your phone or use focus mode? 

I do not use the default samsung messages app because it annoys me that you can't read a long message without hitting "view all" so I use Google Messages, but since you said the notification issues still happen with 3rd party messaging apps, there must be something else that is overriding the settings on all of those apps.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Constellation

Not reading all of that sorry but if all sounds and notifications are present but not displaying, for me at least, I had to uninstall clean master app. For some reason on my s20 notifications for text messages were non existence. So after uninstalling the clean master app everything from sound, vibration, edge lighting to notification seemed back to normal. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for this.  I was having the same issue and as soon as I uninstalled the Security Master app, all was well. Now if I can just find another security app that won't cause the same problem.