cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Native Visual Voicemail Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just purchased and received this S20 FE. Everything seems to be fine except for the visual voicemail that should show up as an icon on the dialer. I'm using the native Samsung dialer. 

When I searched for voicemail on my phone it came up not as an app but in settings. Saying it was installed. I couldn't find it anywhere on my phone, not even in settings > apps >  voicemail. 

I ended up finding the Samsung Voicemail app and downloading the APK. Installed and went to open and I get a "Not Supported" error message. 

I've contacted mt carrier and they say its an issue with the phone. 

I can access my voicemail by calling into it and entering my password, but Visual Voicemail is not working. Please help. 

Edit: thanks for all the replies. I'm ending up returning the device to Samsung. It's a real bummer as this was my first ever Samsung device. If I didn't rely on VM so much, it wouldn't be an issue, but I rely on it everyday so it's a deal-breaker for me.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Native Visual Voicemail Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After speaking with a support representative, it looks like Samsung doesn't have visual voicemail built in. I'm new to Samsung (this is my first device with them) so I had no clue. How can such a basic feature that every other phone maker (Apple and Google) does so well, fall by the wayside with Samsung?

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After speaking with a support representative, it looks like Samsung doesn't have visual voicemail built in. I'm new to Samsung (this is my first device with them) so I had no clue. How can such a basic feature that every other phone maker (Apple and Google) does so well, fall by the wayside with Samsung?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sad
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this a carrier locked device or an unlocked device?

I've never seen the icon in the dialer on an unlocked device. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Native Visual Voicemail Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's an unlocked device.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@loyrov wrote:
It's an unlocked device.

Which carrier are you using?

I have an unlocked device on AT&T and I am successfully using Samsung's Visual Voicemail app. Have done so on 3 unlocked devices so far. The link to the app in the Galaxy Store is https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.vvm&cId=000005028751

The icon will NOT show up in the dialer. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are your multiple devices the S20 FE specifically unlocked? I am having the exact same issue when I get to the app in the galaxy store and I get an error "this content isnt compatible with your phone" and a code to give customer service of (com.samsung.wm:2290:9908:74723fc8054) 

@LongHiker wrote:

@loyrov wrote:
It's an unlocked device.

Which carrier are you using?

I have an unlocked device on AT&T and I am successfully using Samsung's Visual Voicemail app. Have done so on 3 unlocked devices so far. The link to the app in the Galaxy Store is https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.vvm&cId=000005028751

The icon will NOT show up in the dialer. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, same issue here. When I tried the APK version instead, it said "Not supported" so neither versions worked for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Error trying to download Visual Voicemail appError trying to download Visual Voicemail app

I have a Samsung S20 FE and am unable to download the Visual Voicemail app. I am shocked that such a basic feature is missing from a major phone company. I didn't even think this needed to be a consideration when comparing phones, and I'm surprised no reviews mention this huge flaw.