cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Need help with notifications with screen off

I've moved to the S20 from a Note 5.and I'm 95% happy with the new experience, but having a serious problem with one of the most important things for me. With the Note 5, there was a constant notification light that would blink whenever I had something waiting for me. As best I can tell, that's not available in the S20. I set up my edge lighting to show whenever there's a notification from the Samsung messages app, but I haven't seen it actually work. On the lock screen there's an icon letting me know I have a message, but I want something to notify me with the screen locked and completely off. I set the notification reminder to be the lowest setting which, sadly, is 3 minutes. Comes across like if I'm not looking at my phone when that notification happens, my best chance is to hope that 3 minutes later, I'll be looking at it the moment it sends me a notification, then rinse and repeat hoping I'm looking at it at the right second. Either way, I want to set it up so I have some sort of constant reminder whenever I have a notification from either Messages or a missed phone call. Please help!

Additional info:

Phone: S20 Ultra SM-G988U1

Android veraion: 10

OneUI: 2.5

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Need help with notifications with screen off

as I've suggested to others, try AodNotify, it allows tons of options for notications, works 100% of the time and uses less than 2% of your battery on all day use id suggest the paid version because its worth it for the additional customization such as specific color notification for specific apps and etc if you have any questions let me know I've been using it on my note 20 ultra for months and I LOVE it
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Need help with notifications with screen off

I have this same concern! I downloaded the AOD Notify app. It sends a blinking light but only temporarily. I want the light to blink until I address the notification. That way, I'll be sure to actually see when a notification comes through but also to remind me if I get busy and forget.