Original topic:

Need software support to BYOD to xfinity

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 10:06 AM)
kingami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello.

I was wondering why Samsung hasn't given Xfinity Mobile the software update or made available an update to users so we can switch our devices to Xfinity Mobile.

I have an galaxy s20 plus, ( as well as s few other Samsung galaxy phones and devices in my home ), and have been told from Xfinity that they are waiting on Samsung to push an update allowing them to let their subscribers to BYOD their s20 line of smart phones to their service.  My other smart phones I have already switched to Xfinity Mobile and cannot afford to just buy another s20/s21 since my s20 is about six months old I would be throwing money away that during these times especially I can't afford. So I am asking to please look into pushing any software update along so that we ca go back to enjoying our smart phones again.

I/We would greatly appreciate the attention from Samsung and all their assistance

Thanx!

Kevin   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Nathan8473
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Carriers get updates in waves and get updates at different times than unlocked devices. Ask you carrier for more info.
kingami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your quick reply I appreciate that.

Talked to my carrier they say they are waiting on Samsung. 

0 Likes
Nathan8473
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Or Samsung
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

kingami
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks that would be great!

I'm hoping that also we could forward this to Samsung Support Services so that they can see I'm not the only one waiting for this software update to unlock our s20 line of phones as well as some of the s10 line too. We would like to be able to use our Smart Phones on the Xfinity Mobile network and would hope Samsung will work wit Xfinity Mobile in supporting this endeavor.

I have a basically new s20 plus smartphone I cannot use and still paying for so the sooner the better.

Thanks!

0 Likes