JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Network Unlock

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 10:55 AM)
useriBGQEzunX7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought my galaxy s20+ from the Samsung website, as you all know, in the purchase process its asks if you want your phone unlocked, or with a carrier, I chose T-Mobile because I had T-Mobile at the time. I have recently made a switch to at&t, when I put in at&t sim card the phone won't accept it, and when I go to my network unlock settings and press permanent unlock I keep getting the message saying "Your phone isn't eligible to be unlocked: reason code 132" how do I solve this?

14 Replies
useriBGQEzunX7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
ima do some calling then thanks for your suggestions
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Early this year I won an iPhone at a company event. Since I didn't need it, I decided to sell it. I discovered that it was locked on Sprint (now T-Mobile). I don't use Sprint. The discussion with Sprint revealed that they required me to have the iPhone on their network for 60 days and then they would unlock it. I signed up, left the iPhone powered on but idle, paid for the 2 months. After 60 days I contacted Sprint and they unlocked it. Then I sold the iPhone. 

0 Likes
ChrYoshi
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
carriers tend to lock a phone for a certain amount of days once you activate them and then unlock them. yes, even unlocked ones. if you're in a pinch, there are companies that can unlock a phone for you. try the phone unlockers. they do charge but I think it's around $40 for them to push an unlock through. price depends on phone make and model.
0 Likes
userk1cz962eDx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same issue. Bought a s10 (t-moble) from Samsung awhile ago. Now trying t-mobile unlock "network lock" to use with different carrier. Contacted t-moble support on Twitter for help. They emailed Samsung to get IMEI onto t-moble system before able to unlock network. Still waiting to see if that works.

Jess17David
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
did you do a trade in?
0 Likes