JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Network reset stopped working

(Topic created on: 5/10/21 2:28 AM)
Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I've been experiencing a world wind of connectivity problems dealing with my Hotspot. It's been getting slower and slower and making it almost impossible to get online to complete my class assignments, so I just got a 1200mbps usb wifi adapter and worked flawlessly yesterday. This morning, it keeps disconnecting & reconnecting, so I ran a troubleshooter on my laptop to make sure it wasn't any other issue and it promoted me: 

"Investigate router or access point issues.
If you're connected to a Hotspot or domain network, contact the network administrator."

I went right to reset the network settings and once it gave me the notification that the network was reset, restarted the phone. Went back in to re-configure the hotspot settings and none of the settings reset like they have any other time. Same network name, same password and to my knowledge they're supposed to, right? Did it twice more even just to make sure it wasn't just being glitch. Is it prompting me that it was reset but not actually resetting?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
I would contact your carrier about this

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
I would contact your carrier about this

View solution in context

MrJell_Lee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

If the carrier can't help, then try reaching out to Samsung using Samsung Members app

Blondii
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Well, not too sure why it's been happening but Tech support did confirm with me that the configuration settings are supposed to change with the reset. They sent me a new sim and after activating the new sim i went into the hotspot settings & I got a notification that popped up to restore default config settings.🤷🏼‍:female_sign:
MrJell_Lee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

so.... i'm guessing all is good for now??? :\

0 Likes