cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

New Samsung S20 Plus Black dot on top of screen

Hello all 

I am setting up my Sansung S20 plus and there is a black dot on the top of the screen right where the front camera is.  

Is this a fault as the camera seems ok but the dot doesn't go from the screen.

Thank you Shelley 20200506_194510.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: New Samsung S20 Plus Black dot on top of screen

Hi @Shelleyp61 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The black dot right in the middle of the screen? It is a camera cut out, it doesn't go away. The screen has an actual hole cut out of it where the camera is fitted. So that's normal. Is that what you're asking about? (I don't see anything else in your picture)

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Constellation

Hello Geno

I understand the camera is at the front of the screen.  I have that with my other Samsung.  

I am sure there isn't supposed to be a black dot upon the screen though surely? 

This would spoil the look of the screen and look like there is a fault.  

All the promo and other pictures i have seen of the S20 do not show a black dot on the actual screen.  

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hello @Shelleyp61 

Looking at your picture, the only black for I see is the camera cut out? Unless the black for is not visible in the photo you uploaded? But as @Geno71 that is normal and has been what Samsung has done in place of putting a notch on their phones. They've done the camera hole punch since the Galaxy S10. It is normal on the S20 line as well. Hopefully next year Samsung will be able to hide the camera under the display and have no cut out but right now they do not have that with their flagship devices. 

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Shelleyp61 

samsung-galaxy-s20-plus-review-theme-park-app-1-1200x675.jpg

Here is another posture, is that what you're talking about? Most of S20 promotional materials use a light wallpapers with the camera cut out clearly visible. Again, if you're talking about something else, I apologize, but the camera is the only black dot that I can see. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1